Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Wedding of Sly and Skittles

Welcome to the wedding of Skittles and Sly
We are so happy that you could join us on this very special day!
(there is a chatzy room open as well - password is wedding1)
On this happy day, Skittles woke up for an early morning stroll through the garden - and to check out the preparations there for the wedding.
She came across the handsome groom, Sly.
The two of them had a short conversation, because really, the groom should not
see the bride before the wedding!

After their conversation, the groom went and changed into his wedding clothes. With him
were his groomsmen, his brother Kon and his wonderful friend Monty Q
It was time for the ceremony so they headed over to the garden.

And here come the beautiful flower girl, Daisy!
As the Bridal March continues to play
they are joined by the Junior Bridesmaid Billy SweetFeets
And here comes the Maid of Honor
Skeezix!!!
The Bride and Groom are joined by the Minster, Beau

Beau assists Skittles and Sly in reciting their vows to each other:

Beau:
“Dear friends and family, we have watched the love of Skittles and Sly grow and deepen into an everlasting love. Now, we gather today to witness the marriage of Skittles and Sly as they join their hearts, minds, and souls into one, before their God. Marriage is a sacred union not to be entered into lightly.
“So Sly and Skittles, I ask you these questions:”
“Do you take each other to be your wedded spouse, forsaking all others, To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, in good times and in bad, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part?”

Sly: “I do, and hereto I pledge you, Skittles, my faithfulness.”
Skittles: “I do, and hereto I pledge you, Sly, my faithfulness.”

Beau:
“Place the rings on each other's paw and repeat after me: With this ring I thee wed.”

Sly: “Skittles, with this ring, I thee wed.”
Skittles: “Sly, with this ring, I thee wed.”

Beau:
“You both may know exchange your own personal vows to one another.”

Sly:

“Skittles, from the many evenings we spent together lovely dinners, to your yoga classes and our adventures in politics, I just loved being near you.
Marriage is a joining together, and I want to be together Forever.

I promise to take seriously all of my husbandly duties.

I promise to honor and encourage your independent spirit, even through the challenges that may arise.

I promise to spend time with you strolling in the garden and on many more adventures to come.

When I was a kitten, I didn’t know what to expect from this adventure called Life. But I was blessed with a Forever Home.

I promise to make you my Forever Wife.”


Skittles:

“Sly, I promise to love you faithfully with a love that transcends earthly love.

I will be with you in spirit and in body throughout our life together. Whatever life may bring, joy or sorrow, I will be your companion, your helpmeet, always encouraging you, always seeking out your guidance.

I was alone, and forsaken as a kitten. I scrounged for survival in a warehouse on a Navy Base. I was forever in despair, yet I knew of nothing else. I too was fortunate to find a forever home, and I am fortunate to have found my forever husband, a cat of great love, integrity and strength.

I promise to be your forever wife, faithful and true.”


Beau:

“Friends and family, as Sly and Skittles, have pledged their love and their lives to one another before you and God, I pronounce them husband and wife by the power vested in me by the Cat Blogosphere.

Sly, you may kiss the bride!!!!!!

I present to you the happy couple! They have asked that everyone please join them at the reception following.”

The Happy Couple and the entire wedding party
We raise a glass to the Happy Couple
Congratulations Skittles and Sly!!!


The Reception will begin at 2pm EST (11am PST)

5 comments:

  1. Concatulations Skittles and Sly! What a beautiful ceremony!!! - Miles and Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding you had, Skittles and Sly! We wish you a long, happy and healthy life together!
    Hugs, purrs and headbutts,
    Sabrina, Sam and Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skittles & Sly, that wedding was simply wonderful :)
    It is so good to see the two of you happy.
    WE wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
    We know you both will be happy and we were happy to be
    a part of this joyous event :)
    Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop krying that was such a luvly serramony, and Skittles, yoo were BRETHTAKING! I hope yoo two have a purrfekt life together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Skittles and Sly.


    Joanne, Jane, Jill, Johnny, Jay boy, Jasmine & Capu from Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for helping to make our day special!